Saturday, January 31, 2009

I love the 90s! Part I

Being a junior in high school, I don't find myself often turning to Cartoon Network for my television entertainment. However, whenever I am flipping through the channels and Courage the Cowardly Dog is on, I watch. Although this show scared the bejesus out of me when I was a kid, I have grown to have a deep appreciation for the show. If you are unaware of the plot behind the show, maybe I should start with this...

We interrupt this program to bring you... the Courage the Cowardly Dog show, starring Courage the Cowardly Dog! Abandoned as a pup, he was found by Muriel, who lives in the middle of Nowhere with her husband, Eustace Bagge. But creepy stuff happens in Nowhere... it's up to Courage to save his new home!



My love for the show starts with the animation of the show. For example, the screams in the show are priceless. Courage's flailing arms and hole ridden teeth make my day. Another reason to love this show, is because you each episode has two mini episodes. Courage saves the day TWICE, every show. Then of course there are the villeins... like honestly where else can you see a fusia dog fight EGGPLANTS? Villeins include: Katz, Le Quack, The Snowman (aka S'man [??]), Freaky Fred (who has a compulsion to shave everyone's heads), and The Chicken from Outer Space (who sucks off people's heads with a plunger). Each villein is truely unique and convicingly evil.


Time and time again, i fall for Courage, his cowardice, and determination.

Courage: The things I do for love!

3 comments:

James said...

i love the 90's too! i was more of a hey arnold! and ren and stimpy fan though

Hazel said...

this is still my favorite show from my childhood.
in fact, i'm a teenager now and i still watch it when it comes on.

my favorite episode: when Muriel is turned into a 6 year old and Courage has to make her mac & cheese. OH YES.

quite a nice blog y'all got here.
and i usually don't say y'all.
or...do i...?

Unknown said...

I love the 90's too especially watching the cartoon RUGRATS. It really make my day!

play piano guide