Friday, January 23, 2009

Bring Back Straight to DVD Disney Movies!!!


What the hell. When I look back onto my childhood, I just think, "how would I have gotten by without random Casper or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movies?" My childhood was so defined by these movies, whether I was on a 5 hour car trip, or waiting for my dad to finish up at work, I knew that a sick episode of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was awaiting me. Without straight to video movies, who knows where I would be. I am personally insulted by Disney's move to take away sequels to classic movies, such as Cinderella and Snow White. What are the kids going to watch? Without these movies, there is nothing. Disney movies were depended on by most parents to keep their child entertained while they did whatever they had to do. I know I'm not raising my child on High School Musical. I need a movie that is so shitty, that it will have no influence on them. I want my child to hate movies so much by the time he or she hits 5, that instead of staying up and watching T.V., they will hit the books. I realized that at a young age, I was so used to lying on my couch and watching $1.99 movies (and we had a lot), I kept the habit by watching Wayans Brothers and Friends by the age of 12. But god damn, I can't have my kid watching any of the crap thats on T.V. today, so what is a person to do? If Disney brought back the sequels and prequels, my kid would be chilling with "The Little Mermaid: Ariels Begingings". If my child watches good television, such as Made, Lost, and Room Raiders, I'm dealing with a college drop out.

Conclusion: Disney movies raise graduation rates. Tell Barack.

1 comment:

James said...

man, i don't they ever stopped making them (cinderella 3!!)

pochahontas 2 was especially terrible..